Monday, October 15, 2007

Happy Birthday Sissy

This is a really bad picture....a year and a half old. But it is the only one I could find of just the two of us. Sara is 8 months prego.....I have no excuse.
I don't really know how I am going to honor you for your birthday since words cannot express my thankfulness for you. I am honored to call you my "Sissy". All of our lives we have been the best of friends. All of my memories from childhood involve you and even now our lives are being built together. Thank you for loving me as your sister and best friend. Thank you for telling me the gospel and for being an example to me. I admire you so much. You are a great Mom and wife. Your kids love you and are just like you....(CRAZY!!). I love spending time with you. Thank you for loving me and my family. I am so thankful that my kids are growing up at "Aunt Sissy's" house and that their lives will be built with your family. Thank you for your devotion to the church. Thank you for listening to God and for supporting your husband. Thank you for your example to me as a faithful wife who doesn't grumble at the boundary lines God has given you. Thank you for your humility. I learn so much from you by your tender heart for God's sweet voice. Thank you for being my friend even though I am ALWAYS late and most usually forgetting something, giving you wrong directions and so on. You always seem to still want to go places with me despite our history. I love you Sara. I love knowing that you live right down the road from me and that I can walk down and most usually find you and the kids outside in the yard. I am excited to live the rest of our lives together and most importantly spend eternity together. You are one of the greatest gifts I have ever received. Happy Birthday Sissy. All of my love, Sissy

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Billa,
Such a precious tribute (and all true) to your sissy. I love the sweet relationship I see displayed between you....Happy Birthday Bear, you are a gift to us all. I ditto the kind words Billa has spoken of you. All my love,
A. Jen

Jane said...

Well A. Jenny sumed it up with the "Ditto" to your tribute to Sara! I cannot express how Thankful i'am for the 3 Daugthers He has given Me, and so NOT deserved! You "Crazy" girl's always put a smile on my face, and make me laugh.
I'am so blessed and Sara, you have been such an example to me.
I love you so much and pray you have a great day!!!!
You were such a good baby Sara, and just as you see Jammmy yet do not really ever hear a word, that is how you were.
I Love You!!
Bill thank you so much for taking time to honor your Sissy!!!!
Mom

Billie said...

Mom-I still owe you one. It will be coming! I love you.

Sara said...

Thanks Sissy. Your very sweet. I love you and am grateful to God for you.

Love,
Lil' Sis

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday Sara!

Christina said...

I pray in the years to come that my two girls will be as close as the two of you! I think it is so great that you are both so different yet love one another unconditionally! Happy Birthday Sara.

Jessica Rockey said...

Sweet post! I definitely admire the relationship you guys have. As my sisters are growing up it's becoming more like friends and less like siblings. Y'all make family look fun!!!

Happy Birthday Sara! Aren't Oct. b.d.'s fun?! My sis and I both have oct. birthdays!

Michelle said...

Awww... :-)

Lizzy said...

Happiest of Birthdays, Sar!! love you (and you too, Bil!!) xoxoxo

Katherine M. said...

Happy Birthday Sara, What a beautiful tribute by Billie to you. I've loved getting to know you better and watching you as a young wife and mother. Your love for husband and your children reflects so well on your relationship with the Lord. I am blessed and inspired by you! Hugs!!

Leslie said...

I have always admired what a endearing relationship you have with each other, thanks for letting us in our your heart and love for your sweet sister.
Love you both-

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mrs. Anderson! May God bless you in the years to come!
Camille