Hey Kate, I just got off the phone with you and I know if I do not post this recipe now that I will not do it later. So here it is...
Slightly Sweet But Very Simple Whole Wheat Bread
2 cups hot water
1/2 cup oil (1/3 c. if using egg)
1/2 cup honey
3 1/2 tsp. instant yeast
1 egg (optional)
5 cups freshly milled flour
2 tsp. salt
1-2 Tbs. lecithin (optional)
1/2 tsp. gluten (optional)
combine water, oil, honey and egg. Add 3 cups of flour, yeast, salt, lecithin, and gluten. Mix thoroughly. Add the remaining flour and knead until smooth and elastic, about 7-10 min. (I usually add more flour as I am kneading.) Place in greased pans and let it rise to size. (I usually place a hand towel over top of pans and place in oven with the light on.) Leave loaves in the oven during preheat. 350 for total of 30 min. (including preheat)
Call me if you have questions. I will post some other fun recipes from time to time. I have a new really good Black Bean Chicken recipe that I think you would like. Love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Yum sounds good
Post a Comment