Monday, February 19, 2007

Party Cats






I wanted to do something fun for Savanna's birthday favors......so we made "party cats". Savanna chose the material for each girl (including Gramma) and she also picked out the button eyes. I sewed them together, Gramma attached the eyes and Daddy stuffed them. Each pillow had that girl's name sewn on the back. We had a fun time making them. Brian, Mom and I stayed up late Friday night and we had a GREAT laugh or many laughs. It was a memory for sure. I love making special projects. I also love when Brian gets to be involved. He is such a good sport. And when Mom comes I usually have at least one project lined up for her to help me with. As Savanna gets older she has been able to participate more and more with the process. I am looking forward to many projects with the girls. I hope they like to do crafts too. I can not wait to make things with them and to build our relationship. I also am excited to see what they want to make for others. Chrismas and birthdays will be so interesting when they start making things that they think others will love. And hopefully they can start helping me with more gift ideas.
It was a fun craft and I am so glad we did it. I will take a photo of the girls sleeping with their pillows one of these nights.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OooH! The cats are adorable! They actually look like comfy pillows. The fabrics are cute too. Did her friends like them? Did he girls actually sit down for a 'tea' party? Love you!
Kate

Anonymous said...

Billa;
The cats are so cute, what a fun time you all must have had. You are making great memories for the kids! These sorts of things make them love to be home and to hang out at home, so keep up the good work! I love and miss you Billa hope your week goes well. I'm sure you are having withdrawls from your mother-in-law leaving. I'll be praying for you girl.
Love,
A.Jen

Billie said...

K- I miss you too. I am going to try to surprise you with some craft"ies" in Florida. They girls did sit down for a tea party. I am going to post those photos tomorrow. Love you

A.Jen- I miss you. I tried to call you tonight but no one answered. It was late, 10ish. I am doing okay. It's always sad when people leave. It was a rough day at home for many reasons. Mostly having to do with ME. Anyway, I love ya and miss you.

Anonymous said...

Hello Billie,

I love all the pictures. It looks like Savanna had a wonderful birthday. You are so creative! The pillows are great and I am sure you had a fun time making them together. We are going to Maggie's games this weekend. Looking forward to being with the Smiths and the Paynes...wish you could come too! Love you Billie. Debra

Billie said...

Debra- thanks sooo much for commenting and checking out my blog. I love knowing that everyone back home can stay in touch with us in this fun way. I hope you and Beau and having a great day. love you guys-